Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Blog #3: To a neighbourhood near you.

Just last weekend my neighbour across my house almost had her bag snatched right in front of her house when she alighted from her vehicle. After living in a quite peaceful area (give and take the break ins, minus the robbing or snatch thieves) for 24 years, I guess the peace has been broken. What has not changed though are my 'I did not hear / see anything' neighbours. Why I say that, well my neighbour's kid saw what happened to his mother and starting yelling for help but the only people that came out to help was from my house. The fact people are not willing to care about others but expect compassion from others is just fucked up, just how selfish can people get and the sad reality is, I am living next door with such people. I reckon that people should just eliminate the mindset that helping others might land them in hot water. Prevention is better than cure and sure combating crime is the job of the police however do bear in mind that no police are super police / robocop and they can not be out solving all the crimes including petty ones. Life just is not like a movie and we do not have John McClane. If people remain ignorant and care free and think that the worse will not happen to them well, we do not know what will happen tomorrow. As Inspector Jacques Clouseau once said, "no man is an is-land". Albeit the bleakness there is a shimmer of good as well that is a passer by stopped her car and went to her aid and my neighbour did not let go of her bag despite being dragged by her assailants. Sure she received a few bruises and lacerations but hey, atleast they did not get what they want so kudos to her! And to those that are curious, no the perpetrators were not apprehended so they are still on the loose. Coming this season, Snatch Thieves in a neighbourhood near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment