Sunday, June 21, 2009

Blog #2: What's your psa?

There are measurements for almost everything in this world, from earthquake, typhoon, length, tsunami, temperature..the list goes on but I have been thinking, is there a measurement for farts (apart from the air pollution index). I got curious and did a search on the internet, there is not much about it but I found some interesting things. Apparently there are halloween costumes in forms of a fart metre (I have the slightest clue why one would want to dress up as a fart metre) and there are even iPhone Apps where you can rank your friend's fart on 12 different levels. So here I am to propose something of my own, the Fart-o-metre measured in 'psa' units. What is 'psa' you may ask and that is a very valid question. PSA simply stands for People Scurried Away, measured from 1 to 10 with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest. How it works is simple, as the unit suggests, the scale moves up when people move away from the "disaster" area after a fart has been released. The more people scurry away the higher it moves up the scale however there is an additional twist. That is if the culprit scurries away from the scene too, the number is multiplied but 1.5.

Example:
Scenario 1:-
In a crowd of 6 including a culprit, the culprit farts and all but the culprit moves away from the area or badly affected by the fart so the scale of that fart is 5 psa.

Scenario 2:-
In a crowd of 6 including a culprit, the culprit farts and everyone moves away from the area or badly affected by the fart so the scale of the the fart is 9 psa (6 x 1.5).

So there you have it, my proposal for a fart measurement. Personally I have done a 7.5 psa when I released one in a car and sent everyone gasping for air including myself. =D This post is ridiculous I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment